Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WIP Week Tuesday - Me, the boring one

This is 98% me talking to myself. Feel free to skip - see you tomorrow!

Do you remember your New Year's resolutions? I let my own plan to stick to them this time (I mean it) slide a bit. So I'm getting back on the wagon, and as per my own insanity, adding a few. I know it's not New Year's. Let us not be picky.


And also, thanks to my fancy new decor and sidebar whatzits, you can click "resolutions" over there and see what I've said about these little monsters before! Sweet!

1. Be less cynical. Well I think I've done pretty dang well! I hereby declare this one done.

2. Institute lists of goals. This one, not so much. Maybe it was too vague? I don't know. But I've come to realize that I need a list of goals, again, and then found my resolutions and saw that I've already decided I needed a list... wait, is this some kind of weird time-travelly thing? I don't know. I gotta figure out what the goal of the goals is and go from there, I think. Are these resolutions my goals?

3. Make time for blogging.

4. Go outside every day. HAHAHAHA. HAHA. HA. Ha. I didn't go outside for a week a few weeks ago and I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE. So maybe outside every day is a bit much for a lady with a four-month-old. Still, the idea is sound, so it stays. Why don't we call it - Get out once in a while and maybe accidentally get some exercise and fresh air.

5. Keep decent sleeping and waking hours. HAHAHAHA. HA-well actually, you know, I do really well. Spike likes to go to bed around 8 or 9 and gets up around 3 for a snack and then sleeps until 7. I also try to keep to these hours, and for a new mom I am extremely well rested. So, I declare this done!

6. Work towards making my home a better place to live. I still haven't hit on my ideal home cleaning style. When I have a moment where Spike is entertained and I'm not taking a shower or preparing food, I'm kind of at a loss for what to do first. I need something that will work for me, and I just haven't put my finger on it yet. I am working on it, though.

7. Design a budget and track spending to increase savings. My budget spreadsheet is absolutely gorgeous. I also haven't updated it since Spike was born. Naughty me!


Now, the newbies:

8. Write down the pattern for the baby sweater I designed. Knit another one in the process. I know three pregnant women right now - chances are one of them is having a girl.

9. Stick to the Holiday Crafting Plan. Yes, I have one! And I've already started.

10. Craft for charity. I got hit over the head with the cosmic charity stick when I found Hats for Alex. To sweeten the deal, Weezalana is throwing a contest! So join me in my resolution. We have almost two months to do it. And just to add that extra touch, I'd like to donate the same number of hats to the hospital where I delivered Spike before the end of the year. Yes, that would do nicely.

11. Knit one project Continental-style. I learned how to knit Continental as a byproduct of my two-hands-two-colors knitting class, and I like it. I'd like to practice. And I think the best way to do that is to do a whole project that way since it seems to be a bit looser than my English-style knitting.

12. Crochet something cool.

13. Catch up with Spike's thank you notes. I did the shower, at least, but I have some work to do.

I'm up late... off I go!

No comments: