Saturday, November 03, 2007

Longies?


I know, I know, this is a terrible picture. But it's the only one I have uploaded of one of my WIPS so here it is - I'm making crochet longies. Longies are wool pants for babies, and in my case will be used as a nice warm wool diaper cover for Spike.



crochet longies 10232007


The handknit longies on Etsy are around $45 so I thought I would try my hand at this. I am reusing some Patons Classic Merino from some Fuzzyfeet That Weren't.


Link to this project in Ravelry.


I have some ambitious holiday crafting this year. First priority goes to gifts that people already know about - so I'm working on my craft for PD and socks for my father-in-law. Rhett's baby PD will be arriving any day now and while Rhett knows there is a craft for PD she doesn't know what it is. We also don't know if PD is a he or a she so crafting is tricky! And she reads this blog, so there is no blogging about it! Shhhh!


The socks are the Gentleman's Shooting Stockings with Fluted Pattern (link in Rav) in Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. I thought I blogged about these but apparently, I didn't. So here are some stats -

shooting stocking progress 09012007


Pattern: Gentleman's Shooting Stockings (link to my project page in Rav)

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks that I got in a swap probably a year ago.

Needles: 5 Clover bamboo double-pointed needles, size 1 (2.25mm) (also procured in the same swap)

I turned the heel shortly after this picture was taken (September 1) and haven't touched it since. This project is not a surprise because I can't make two socks that don't fit, so I'm going to make one sock and have him try it on and then make two socks that fit. This runs the serious risk of making three socks, but I'm okay with that.

My complaint with this book is that multiple sizes aren't included in the patterns. You get what you get, which is part of the reason that I'm worried about fit.

Time to get busy!

1 comment:

Shooting Stockings said...

Keep up the good worh there starting to really take shape know. I have just finished a pair for me aswell. I have done around 3 pairs this month i do it while looking for jobs