Monday, May 15, 2006

Snowdrop Shawl - In Progress

First, to note progress (you know, like, more than once or never) I made a schematic drawing, Grumperina-style...


Pattern: Snowdrop Shawl (pdf), by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the Yarn Harlot
Yarn: Skacel Merino Lace in white
Needles: Size 5 Addi Turbos

Now my schematic -

The purple part is done. Done!

A rumpled lace picture (this is how it looks in the wild) -



A few shots of the lace, fake-blocked (pinned down dry just for photographic purposes) -




I have to say, I love this. I love the pattern, I love knitting the lace, and I'm just having the best time knitting this shawl!

2 comments:

Rhett said...

that just looks impossible... but beautiful.... but darn if i have the temper restraint for something like that... but i am proud of you, it's lovely! :)

Anonymous said...

ooh, that is lovely!

oh and buy LOTS and LOTS of silky yarn! It's so gorgeous and that's a great price! I never have an idea of what I'm going to knit with yarn I buy. it's just fun having it around until inspiration strikes :)

do it!