Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WIP Week Wednesday - Mystery Stole 3

Ah, the Mystery Stole.

The theme is Swan Lake. The stitch patterns are inspired by the ballet, and the asymmetrical stole features a swan wing.


mystery stole 08052007


For the curious, I'm on Clue 2 of 7. Yeah. I got started late, and then after the Clue 5 was released (the one where we found out about the wing) I lost my mojo. I know it's a mystery and all that, and a wing doesn't sound that bad, but I just don't think the finished product is very me. So the Mystery Stole has been chilling in a zip loc bag for a month. But as it turns out, Aunt Grape (of baby quilt fame) likes swans (the theme of the stole) and I emailed and she likes it so the Mystery is on!

See it up close.

mystery stole up close 08052007

Pattern: Mystery Stole 3 (will be available for sale soon)
Needles: Addi Turbo size 5 (3.75mm) 29" circulars
Yarn: So far, one skein Knit Picks Bare Merino laceweight
Beads: The $3 tube of lilac blend from A.C.Moore.
Mods: none

No comments: