Monday, February 26, 2007

I'm on a schedule here

When I had to be hospitalized and reinflated with fluids last November, I got behind on my bloglines subscriptions. In fact, I've been pretty terrible overall since I got pregnant, but I don't think I've caught up completely since November. For a little perspective, I currently have 1261 unread new blogs in my knitting folder in Bloglines. (Remember - these are all people to whom I am a stranger. I do keep up with people I know!)

So, it should come as no surprise that I just read this entry from ring around the rosies and realized that I missed the biggest baking trend of late 2006 - Jim Lahey's No-Knead Bread. Step one involves throwing ingredients together and ignoring them for 12 to 18 hours, so the next step might be the hardest for me. I have to remember that there is a bowl of bread dough on top of the refrigerator. This could make for a nasty surprise next week if I'm not careful.

The blanket crocheted in strips is coming along. I have four strips completed and joined (they are joined halfway through the last round) and one strip nearly completed. I'm supposed to have eight. The birthday is Thursday, but it seems that I have a repreive until Sunday when the party happens, at my house no less.

No comments: