Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gooey Butter Cake - Gueyy Bhuthyr Khake

I got a recipe for a cake from an old roommate, long long ago. I've made it quite a few times, but not in a while, and I remember it involved only a few ingredients and it's a little horrible for you. There's a yellow cake mix, powdered sugar, cream cheese, 3 eggs, and a stick of butter - I'm just a little fuzzy on the details. So I browse the internets, and found these recipes on Cooks.com where the ingredients list includes.... wait for it...

1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, do not use butter

What the crap?? Am I missing something here? Perhaps only while standing at the counter while surrounded by baking paraphanalia does this make any freaking sense.

****** ****** ******

For no reason, I found this site for no reason where someone has snarkily(in a good way) responded to posts, somewhere, of baby names. It is utterly hilarious, for every reason.

(Note: I'm not posting this to mock the names people give their children. I fully indend to plaster my own child one day with a thoroughly Scandanavian middle name. It's the commentary that just freaking kills me.)

Excerpt:

My to-be husband has a thing for "unique" names. He likes names such as "Veto" and "Enobi". I like what I call "cool" names. Then names such as "Kiki" and "Jack". We were having dissagrements with baby names till I smacked him upside the head and phrohibid him from naming my children.

Well, I phrohibid you from having kids at all.

Although, it is nice to know who originated the slang use of "cool" - it's this lady! ("They're what I like to call --big finger quotes-- COOL names.") And now we know she's prone to violence against her fiance for wanting to name kids Veto so they can star in Schoolhouse Rock segments about the three branches of government!

Help me, Kobi-Wan Enobi, you're our only hope!

and:

here are some names i saw today

kaytaquana
alliwen
camianne
shaynelna
karlakenya
adanah
leezi
mays
karjovon
brandnel
jaslera
breedee
tylee
allikaylor
tylera
shairani


I'm guessing (hoping, praying) these are names you saw today while you were hitting random keys on the computer at Bellevue just before the Thorazine kicked in. Wait, let me try:

huvven
woakam
euwher
iluhad
joofenkel (for boy or girl)
jofwern
mu'ulf
opiuren
puj
yubjibi
roowp
qimwoup
Abcadeffgheejecklemenopqrestuvwexiz (the most incredible word I've ever seen!)

1 comment:

SJ said...

You crack me up.