Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Six Weeks

This is not becoming a baby blog, I promise. In fact, this is actual KNITTING CONTENT.

I made the baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

Here it is blocking, in January:

MDK baby kimono blocking

Here it is, modeled by Spike at 2 days old:

Dino buttons 05102007


And at four weeks:

check out my outfit 06052007

Freeze!

baby holdup 06052007

I mention this because it is now too small, mostly due to the sleeves. If I had it all to do again, I would have made short sleeves.

(For those inquiring minds, the diaper is a Happy Heiny's size small in a monkey and palm tree print. Too cute!)

Edit, later in the afternoon:

Debbie asked how I fastened the kimono since I didn't use the pattern's suggestion of a ribbon. I bought two dinosaur buttons at Jo-Ann's and used the eyelet edge of the kimono as button holes. I just sewed them to the appropriate spots on the other side of the kimono so that when the kimono is on the holes line up with the buttons.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

hi. I'm in the process of finishing up a few of the kimonoes for a friend who had a baby boy on Sunday. I noticed you have the kimono closed with something other than a ribbon. I don't want to use ribbons on mine. Would you please tell me what you used? Thanks!

oh, and your baby is adorable!!!!