This has been a good year for reporting my finished objects thus far - as well as creating them! Here is one of the latest:
It's a baby bunting bag, sleep sack, whatever you'd like to call it. A prior entry on the subject can be found here. The sleeves, despite their appearance, are the same length. I promise.
Details - This is made from Simplicity pattern #5720. I also made the hat. I don't have any complaints about the project other than it was my first sewing pattern since circa 1992 and I didn't have any helpful folks around to tell me what things meant. I either had to wing it or scour the internets for assistance.
The zipper was quite a feat, and once it was in I decided it was good enough for a first try; the collar is a little crooked as a result. I'm still not sure what the instructions wanted me to do with that bias tape at the top, so I took matters into my own hands and I think it looks pretty nice. I don't think I pre-washed my flannel on hot so both this bag and the matching hat shrunk a little more in the wash. I'm sure that Spike won't mind any of these things though.
Speaking of Spike, he is creating a ferocious nesting urge here. So much so that I'm anxious for Paul to wake up so that I can vacuum. Spike's nest is coming together nicely so far, considering it is still without furniture. The furniture story is such a saga that it should be only repeated in three-part harmony with full orchestration with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, so perhaps it is best to simply say that one way or the other, a week from today there will be a crib, changing table and rocking chair in that room. Until then, the pack and play sits quietly in waiting, ready to be called into service.