Saturday, August 26, 2006

While the Cat is Away

The boys went fishing this afternoon so I'm home cleaning and possibly napping. I clean like a fiend when the right music is on. I apologize in advance. For the humming.

ooooh there's no where to run
no one can save me the damage is done!

shot through the heart and you're to blame,
you give love a bad name!

Not to be outdone by my old favorite -

Oooooh ... we're halfway there
Whoaa-oh! Livin' on a prayer
Take my hand and we'll make it I swear
Whoaa-oh! Livin' on a prayer

These work best while wielding a swiffer and singing as loud as you dare while the windows are open. I am not that daring, we just got new neighbors and I want them to unload their POD before getting scared of us. And I'm kind of anxious to find out if they really own all three tan cars in their driveway. Talk about brand loyalty.

Oh, but don't worry. I don't only listen to Bon Jovi while cleaning. Kelly Clarkson also gets the job done.

SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE..........I CAN -

1. wash dishes in sink and dishwasher
2. clean kitchen counters
3. vacuum. yeah, the whole house
4. swiffer
5. sweep garage
6. straighten porch
7. clean grill

What do you mean, those aren't the lyrics on your Kelly Clarkson CD? Of course they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I can post! Blogger did a weird thing to me last time.

I, too, take advantage of my alone time by going into a cleaning frenzy. I think it goes back to when I had roommates and I wouldn't clean in front of them because it's weird to clean in front of people who sit there staring at you.

I clean to cheesy action movies. Um, too cheesy to confess.

Kristy said...

I think house cleaning and loud music go hand in hand. I usually turn on my Ipod and jam! I'm glad to hear it's not just me.