Monday, December 12, 2005

We Have It In Writing -

Why is it that on the day I actually have some important things to do, my sinuses have united against me and are trying to kill me? Hmm? There is no why.

Anyway, today is the day that the Thing of Which I Cannot Speak becomes actual news. Paul got a new job and we are moving 900 miles (vertically) across the country!! We are so, so excited and also completely bewildered. This is my first major move, the first time I won't live in this state, and we'll be buying our first home. At least we're moving from one upstate to another. There are way too many creepies out there to be more specific, but it's definitely a change in weather. I hope this also explains why I've been on a mission to throw things away. So, what do you do with old magazines? What if there is something good in there? What about the magazines you know there is something good in? What about what about what about? What do I need to apply for a mortgage? Which mover won't hold my worldly possessions hostage in his truck? What neighborhood is not the ghetto but is also affordable? Will we have to move to get away from killers? What if the schools are good now but by the time we have kids they are bad?

Paul will start after New Year's and I'm driving up tomorrow to look for houses. Also, yarn stores.

Oh my goodness, I should probably eat something. So nervous! Can't even knit!

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh hurray for you both! What exciting news!!! Where are you headed? Will you still be near to family, etc?

Buying a house isn't as scary as you think. Find a good lender to get you prequalified for a home loan and then let them walk you through it. There are lots of options for first time homebuyers. Before I got into the real estate business, I didn't realize how much there is to buying property but with the right advisors, it will be a breeze.

Congratulations to Paul!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 900 miles, eh? That's no joke.

Are you moving to the east coast? Blink once for "yes" and twice for "no." *keeps an eye on the creepies* =)

Rhett said...

"So, what do you do with old magazines? What if there is something good in there? What about the magazines you know there is something good in? What about what about what about? What do I need to apply for a mortgage? Which mover won't hold my worldly possessions hostage in his truck? What neighborhood is not the ghetto but is also affordable? Will we have to move to get away from killers? What if the schools are good now but by the time we have kids they are bad?"

In order...

Give them to schools/daycares for projects. Kids will appreciate it and make a good grade. Give them to schools/daycares for projects. What about what? Go to the bank to get pre qualified. Any mover you tell you have an uncle nuckles who would help but is "not avaliable" at this time and he recommended this company. The neighborhood you are going to live in. See the line about your uncle. Private School (or you could move) :)

Congrats Steph! Please take your laptop and document the trip for us!! I can't wait to hear what it's like to drive 900 miles with two (2) cats. If I had my one cat, I would kill myself or her after... oh... say... 20 miles :)

I will soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss you!

Kristy said...

Oh how long will you be gone?

Kristy said...

I haven't "seen" Rhett around. Is she hiding?

You are going to have a great time on your trip. And really, those ornaments are about the easiest thing I've found so far. And a great use of scraps. I made a few for Laurie (CAP) without any needles and there were cute, too.

Are you still going to be a housewife when you move or are you going to have to work outside the home? This sounds like a great opportunity. And such fun. Is your family in SC?

Kristy said...

I know what you mean about the tug-of-war that is being a modern married woman (Oh gosh! How completely lame does that sound!!) Sometimes I lay awake at night wondering if I am a failure at it. As things stand, I have to work. We don't have that option at this point. (Curses on you California and your ridiculously high cost of living.) So I work at least as many hours each week as my husband but then there are times, like when my MIL was here after Thanksgiving, she was very disappointed to find that I let the ironing stack up until we need to wear something instead of ironing promptly. And that the towels in my guest bathroom, though clean, did not all coordinate. She asked me if being a wife is really a priority for me. You are right: It is a conundrum. I wish you well with that. I hope you adjust quickly to the new locale. I can attest to the fact that life north (and westish) of the Mason-Dixon is decidedly different from that south of it. Just from what I know of you, I'm sure you will be fine. And you are lucky that he has such a great family.