Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Sleeves!

I'm feeling kind of cruddy today so I've been mostly watching tv and knitting. Yesterday I made a goal to work on my thesis for 3 hours, and I made it 2 before my mom called and other stuff came up - like a necessary trip to the grocery store.

I am currently 72 rows into a sleeve. When I was using the pattern, I wanted to keep track of which rows I was increasing and when since I'm not that great at just remembering every 5th row, or necessarily counting (although this pattern is pretty easy since it's a 16 row repeat of stockinette and garter stitch). I set up an excel file with the numbers 1 through 16 repeating, then a column indicating whether or not that row was increased, and a column to tell me how many times I've repeated the 16 row repeat. Rows are numbered in excel anyway, so I always know exactly what row I'm on. Hooray!

No comments: